change native vlan globaly on 3560

dear ng,

i'm just currently trying to change my native vlan, following works, but is it possible to change it globaly?

interface FastEthernet0/1 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk native vlan 2 switchport trunk allowed vlan 2,20 switchport mode trunk

is it true that cdp advertises always with the lowest active vlan? had a funny experince with it.

cheers colin

Reply to
colin c.
Loading thread data ...

Maybe you would like

interface range fa 0/1 - 24

Note "[space][dash][space]"

You can use commas too:-

int ra fa 0/2,5,7

I forget the "space" protocol in that case. "[space][comma][space]"

no spaces??

Reply to
Bod43

CDP protocol does not care about VLANs. CDP is placed "between" Layer1 and Layer2 of OSI model. So, switches and routers will see each other (sure, if CDP is enabled on port/interface) no matter what VLANs are configured on the port.

In addition, speaking about "native VLAN". The "native VLAN" is a VLAN, which will be used to mark a packet, which has no VLAN tag. It means, if switch sees a frame without a VLAN tag, it will mark it with the "native VLAN", and then send to the port. It has nothing to do with CDP.

Good luck,

Mike

------ Cisco IP Phone Headset Adapters

formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.