CCIE

I can't seem to find a NetSim type package for the CCIE r/s. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply to
Shannon
Loading thread data ...

I can't seem to find a NetSim type package for the CCIE r/s. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply to
Shannon

Build/rent/buy/obtain a lab?

Reply to
anybody43

I don't think any single simulator will be enough to prepare you for the CCIE.

I can suggest checking the following emulator (it's free):

formatting link
It can run a real IOS image (thus, it is not limited in features) and you can run several instances on the same system (making a virtual network of routers). It can be very useful in CCIE preparation.

I would heavily suggest building a home lab with second hand gear. You can buy second hand gear at reasonable prices. Given that most people spend several months (or years) in preparation, having a decent lab is a must. No simulator can give you the same experience you'll get from real equipment.

Cheers,

Peter Boutzev CCIE #16153

Shann> I can't seem to find a NetSim type package for the CCIE r/s. Anyone

Reply to
Boutzev

WOW!

Thanks for that.

Seems impossibly difficult a project by my standards but clearly there are other similar Open Source emulators around for obsolete computers and games machines so I guess that there are a few people who can do this sort of thing.

Thanks.

Reply to
anybody43

Hi Shannon,

You may want to ask Brad Ellis, Dual CCIE No. 5796 Security / Routing & Switching:

formatting link
Brad is the founder of the CCIE Forums:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Technical Forums
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.