Catalyst 3750 StackWise failover question

If I have a couple of Catalyst 3750 switches integrated in a single stack and stack master is forced to reload due to a bus error crash for example - will another stack members continue forwarding data or entire stack is considered unavailable and will be forced to reload?

B.R. Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuziæ
Loading thread data ...

see if this doc answers you questions :

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

My read of that document indicates that a new master would be elected and that traffic forwarding would continue on the operational switches.

Reply to
Merv

Merv,

After reading this document I've got the same conclusion. In the near future I would have a chance to implement stackwise configuration and I have one DF grade IOS on which I can reproduce bus error crash. If I succeed with crash reproduction I'll write on this group about my experiences. I had implemented stackwise a couple years ago, but I tested failover only by simulating power down situations of stack master/members and in that case forwarding continued without noticeable interruption if any.

B.R. Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuzic

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.