3750 stack members

I have a problem with a Cisco stack with 3 members. All 3 memebers are catalyst 3750. Because these stack is currently not in use i will use all of them as spare in case of one of the other switches of infrastructure will fail. I removed a memeber from this stack - as explained at cisco website: powerde down the member to remove and at master - no switch 3 provision name ...exit...wr mem. This all worked. (Stack cabels were removed too)

After powering up the removed memberexplains me that he is master - and the interfaces are shown as 3/0/1 and so on. This is not realy a problem but it looks not so good.

Is there any solution for this ? I was looking at Cisco website and Switch manual for an ssolution but i didn=B4t find anything.

I will be glad for an hint how to solve this

best christmas regards and wishes

CR Cisco Certification Forum

formatting link

Reply to
ccie reports
Loading thread data ...

After powering up the removed memberexplains me that he is master - and the interfaces are shown as 3/0/1 and so on. This is not realy a problem but it looks not so good.

Is there any solution for this ? I was looking at Cisco website and Switch manual for an ssolution but i didn´t find anything.

formatting link
Pretty sure that should help.

Reply to
Darren Moulding

Use show switch, this tells that this switch is number 3. Try, command: switch 3 renumber 1, wr mem and reload.

Reply to
make

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.