Cat609 Supervisor card IOS upgrade/downgrade

I've got a Catalyst 6509 with two supervisor cards, one active and one standby. One of these cards has failed and so I'm replacing it. The model is WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE. The new card won't have the same software version as the existing active card so I want to copy the IOS from the flash of the current working card to the flash of the new standby card. I'm not sure of the best way to do this. Can anyone offer any advice?

Cheers,

Chris.

Reply to
Chris
Loading thread data ...

Hi Chris,

I think that you can find all info that you wants here:

formatting link
Regards!

GZamboni

Reply to
GZamboni

Hello, Chris! You wrote on Thu, 2 Feb 2006 18:50:37 -0000:

C> I've got a Catalyst 6509 with two supervisor cards, one active and C> one standby. One of these cards has failed and so I'm replacing C> it. The model is WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE. The new card won't have the C> same software version as the existing active card so I want to C> copy the IOS from the flash of the current working card to the C> flash of the new standby card. I'm not sure of the best way to do C> this. Can anyone offer any advice?

Where do you store IOS image? Bootflash or PCMCIA card? I'd just swap flash from failed card (given that it wasn't a root cause of failure) to new one.

With best regards, Andrey.

Reply to
Andrey Tarasov

formatting link

Great link. Cheers.

Reply to
chris

Good point. Thanks Andrey.

Reply to
chris

and dont be alarmed - it takes ages for the cat to boot from flash-cards. But its a great feature, when handling "test" upgrades etc.

When you have your final version, be sure to copy to bootflash, for faster reload times.

HTH Martin Bilgrav

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.