blocking Bittorrent

Hi all,

I do want to know that how can i set my Linksys router to block the bittorrent for monopolizing the bandwidth. In other word, I want to block bittorrent.. Is that .Possible. ??

How would it be ?? I had try port forwarding but i don't know how it should be done .. Any advice from you guys ??

Thanks in advance

Regards, Billy

Reply to
bytesurfer
Loading thread data ...

First of all, what Linksys model do you have? I have a Linksys BEFSX41, the most recent firmware version for this model has QoS controls so you can control what apps get priority of your bandwidth. You may be able to do this kind of think in your OS too.

Second, what torrent software are you using? Azureus tends to put most of its traffic on port 6881. Also note that you can (and should) set your bandwidth into the options of your torrent client. For example, if you have 1024 Kibps down and 512 Kibps up bandwidth from your ISP, set those figures (or better yet, slightly below so other web traffic can squeeze through your pipe) into the options of your torrent client.

Good luck. If you answer the above questions, we can help you more.

Reply to
voidxor

Yes, Voidxor is right. You might like to read the "Access Restrictions" section in the following link.

formatting link

-- Raqueeb Hassan Bangladesh

Reply to
Raqueeb Hassan

Hie,

Thanks for the reply, I don't have internet connection this few days so didn't reply :p however, the modal of my wireless router is BEFW11S4 firmware 1.52.02 and i don't think so that it do have a QoS control..

Ya i heard people are saying about blocking ports and so one . but i don't know how .. I am doing the configuration in the port forwarding section and then set the designated port that bittorrent is using. But still then people still can BT ... I am doing this correctly?

Thanks,

Regards, Billy

Reply to
bytesurfer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.