Automate Network Design

Hi All,

I am new to networking. Forgive me if my question is funny. Is it possible to automate network design? We are a company who provide Branch office Solution to customers. IPsec VPNs between the branches and the Headquarters. My boss intends to automate the network design since it would save time as well prevent the deployment failures the first time around. I am looking at something that takes the inputs from the customer and well as from the design engineer and generate config files for the 1000 odd branch offices. These could be pushed on to the individual devices automatically ( probably by autodiscovery ). It would be great to see all these on a visual interface also.

Is this a feasible idea?

Thanks, Nandi

Reply to
Nandi
Loading thread data ...

Hi All,

I am new to networking. Forgive me if my question is funny. Is it possible to automate network design? We are a company who provide Branch office Solution to customers. IPsec VPNs between the branches and the Headquarters. My boss intends to automate the network design since it would save time as well prevent the deployment failures the first time around. I am looking at something that takes the inputs from the customer and well as from the design engineer and generate config files for the 1000 odd branch offices. These could be pushed on to the individual devices automatically ( probably by autodiscovery ). It would be great to see all these on a visual interface also.

Is this a feasible idea?

Thanks, Nandi

Reply to
Nandi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.