ARP?

I have a Cisco 2650 Router. My ISP has given me two blocks. 66.x.x.226

- 230, and 201.x.x.250-254. the first block works fine. I need to add the second block to ARP I think, or I dont know how to check if they ar added to the router. Any IDEa.

Reply to
APARIKH
Loading thread data ...

Not sure I understand. You don't add IP addresses "to ARP". What does your existing config look like? Usually you would either add the new range to your interface as a secodnary address or just route it to a firewall or another router. It all depends on what you want to acheive.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris

You will probably need to add an ARP entry for the external IP addresses on your external firewall so that it knows what IP addresses to listen on. We have static ARPs for our external IPs and bind them to the relevent interface.

eg:

201.x.x.250 is incoming mail traffic, so you bind that to the interface that proceses mail. 201.x.x.251 is incoming web traffic, so you bind it to the interface that has your web server on it.

etc etc..

HTH Steve

Reply to
Steve Williamson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.