Allowing FTP through ASA/Firewall

I am having some issues with allowing this through our ASA. I started pulling the config apart to post but started googling and I see some stuff about having to allow other high ports. I currently have what I think are the correct ones, 21 and 20.

Anything blatent that I am missing or should I continue to post the config here?

TIA.

Reply to
TimParker
Loading thread data ...

Is your FTP server a passive or active server? For active server you have the correct ports open. For passive try this:

conf t ftp mode passive exit wri mem

Reply to
Artie Lange

Passive is already on on the ASA. Here is the offending line in the syslog output. I think this has to do with the High Ports that are used with setting up the data port. As I can get connected but as soon as I type either DIR or LS it hangs.

Deny tcp src dmz:Internal_Web_Mail_Server/20 dst outside:MOPS_Thru_Watchguard/30536 by access-group "dmz_access_in" [0x0, 0x0]

MOPS_Thru_Watchguard is the IP that some of our users surf out to the internet as.

Reply to
TimParker

2 things:

1. Is there any fixup for FTP, any class maps for FTP or any inspection services for FTP?

2. The above entry tells me that the ACL DMZ_access_in is blocking traffic from the DMZ to the INTERNET, could you add an ACL allowing DMZ: port 20 to the INTERNET:ANY?
Reply to
Artie Lange

Also could you post the contents of of ACL DMZ_access_IN?

Reply to
Artie Lange

I don't have any of the things in your previous post. Fixup, etc. I think I have included everything that goes with these.

access-list dmz_access_in extended permit object-group TCPUDP1 host Internal_Web_Mail_Server any eq domain access-list dmz_access_in extended permit tcp host Internal_Web_Mail_Server any object-group DM_INLINE_TCP_4 access-list dmz_access_in extended permit tcp host External_Web_Mail_Server host Internal_Web_Mail_Server object-group DM_INLINE_TCP_3

object-group protocol TCPUDP1 protocol-object udp protocol-object tcp

name 192.168.18.3 Internal_Web_Mail_Server description Internal_Web_Mail_Server name a.b.c.194 External_Web_Mail_Server description External_Web_Mail_Server

object-group service DM_INLINE_TCP_3 tcp port-object eq ftp port-object eq www port-object eq pop3 port-object eq smtp port-object eq ftp-data

object-group service DM_INLINE_TCP_4 tcp port-object eq ftp port-object eq ftp-data port-object eq smtp port-object eq www

Reply to
TimParker

Thanks Artie. Your post got me digging around and the "fixup protocol ftp 21" just got it working! I don't know how I missed that. Guess I need to read up more and see what else is missing!

Reply to
TimParker

Good to hear!

Reply to
Artie Lange

Reply to
TimParker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.