AIR-AP1231G-A-K9 how to reset?

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue with 20 of these units that came in because I cannot get the unit to do the "clear lwapp private-config" command because it is disabled. I am not sure how to go around the unit. Websites are telling me that I have to do it through a Controller. I have no idea what they mean by that. Any suggestions on how I can make these units go back to factory setting? Thank You in advance.

Sajan Pasic

Reply to
Sam
Loading thread data ...

It would help to know the model number of the AP's but it sounds like the ap's are for use with a wireless lan controller. These AP's can not be used by themselves, they must be used with a cisco wireless controller. The lwapp stands for Lightweight Access Point Protocol. So if you are trying to use these ap's for anything else besides with the use of a wireless lan controller, I believe that you are out of luck. I hope this helps and that this is what you were looking for.

Reply to
temp12344321

~ > I am having an issue with 20 of these units that came in because I ~ > cannot get the unit to do the "clear lwapp private-config" command ~ > because it is disabled. I am not sure how to go around the unit. ~ > Websites are telling me that I have to do it through a Controller. I ~ > have no idea what they mean by that. Any suggestions on how I can make ~ > these units go back to factory setting? Thank You in advance. ~ >

~ > Sajan Pasic ~ ~ It would help to know the model number of the AP's but it sounds like ~ the ap's are for use with a wireless lan controller. These AP's can ~ not be used by themselves, they must be used with a cisco wireless ~ controller. The lwapp stands for Lightweight Access Point Protocol. ~ So if you are trying to use these ap's for anything else besides with ~ the use of a wireless lan controller, I believe that you are out of ~ luck. I hope this helps and that this is what you were looking for.

If these are AIR-LAP models but you want to run autonomous IOS on them, then you can do this (from the console):

ap#debug lwapp console cli ! hidden command ap#config t ap(config)#interface fastethernet0 ap(config-if)#ip address a.b.c.d 255.255.255.0 ap(config-if)#exit ap#archive download-sw /overwrite tftp://a.b.c.x/filename

where filename is the autonomous IOS image that you want to run.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.