Re: webvpn and thin clients

I read the SSL VPN on Cisco website and from what I understand ( I may

> be wrong as I often am ), I can use the web browser to access my SSH > server or to check emails from some kind of "built-in" applets that > play the role of an SSH terminal emulater or email client. ( The reason > I think that way is because of the phrase "no manual software > deployment" and "those users may also need secure access from other > remote endpoints, such as Internet kiosks ...) > > Is that right ?

Not quite, people will be able to get to web-based resources automatically, and it's possible to do things like set up a webmail server for email access, but anything that normally requires a standalong client, still needs a client.

> I make some tests on the router 2811 with IOS 12.4.1 in order to SSH to > my internal Linux server. After I log into the https://myrouter I can > go to the window Application Access with the list of something like > SSH 127.0.0.1:30000 192.168.249.17:22 .... > > but I do not see any applet to help me to access the server. > > I can open a terminal emulator to the 127.0.0.1:30000 to acess to my > Linux server, but that's not what I am trying to do. When I am at a > Internet Cafe's PC, I do not have a SSH terminal emulator.

If you can download and run putty , that might work, it's a single file. Or if the web browser has a working Java implementation you can use MindTerm:

formatting link

Am I going the wrong way ? Or can I only do that with a Concentrator, > not a router ? Or do I miss something on my router configuration ?

Router configuration is fine, but you will need some kind of client for ssh.

Reply to
Eric Sorenson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.