Access point 350 warm-reset

Hi,

I'm using about 20 Cisco ap-350. Two of them do some self restart and I don't know why:( I see in sh ver: Last reset from warm-reset

I try to monitor logs from telnet sessions: conf term logging monitor 6 line vty 0 4 exec-timeout 0 0 terminal monitor

but didn't see anything, probably access point restart before log any messages. Maybe I need to disable some buffers on loggining, so the access point will show messages immediatly ? Any advice?

Thanks Pawel R.

Reply to
Pawel Rutkowski
Loading thread data ...

your best option is to get console access to the AP somehow, and log the messages that appear there. while crashing, the ap does not have many options on where to log.

if not possible, try to upgrade to latest GD release and see if the problem appears again

--john

Reply to
ela

Pawel Rutkowski schrieb:

Is there a crashinfo-* file in flash: ?

IOS 12.3(8)JEA1 runs very fine

Reply to
Uli Link

No there isn't any crashinfo*.*

My ISO version: (C350-K9W7-M), Version 12.2(15)JA

How can I enable make crashinfo file ?

Pawel R.

Reply to
Pawel Rutkowski

Pawel Rutkowski schrieb:

Uuupps, quite old. There were much better IOS versions for the 350 AP.

If there ain't a chrashinfo file in flash: you don't need to bother. The reload wasn't initiated by a software error.

Reply to
Uli Link

~ >> Is there a crashinfo-* file in flash: ? ~ > ~ > No there isn't any crashinfo*.* ~ > ~ >> IOS 12.3(8)JEA1 runs very fine ~ >>

~ > ~ > My ISO version: ~ > (C350-K9W7-M), Version 12.2(15)JA ~ ~ Uuupps, quite old. There were much better IOS versions for the 350 AP. ~ ~ > ~ > How can I enable make crashinfo file ? ~ > ~ ~ If there ain't a chrashinfo file in flash: you don't need to bother. The ~ reload wasn't initiated by a software error.

In my fuzzy recollection:

a) in old IOS for the 350, a crashinfo wasn't written (or at any rate, wasn't written by default)

b) if the 350 suffered from an IOS crash, this was not shown in "show version"; rather, it would say something like, "last reset from power-on".

In any case, the suggestion to upgrade to 12.3(8)JEA1 seems apropos.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.