805 & soho90

just need an independent advice: have built large wan mainly using cisco805 routers, with vpn over internet. topology is a little bit modified star topology. routers have memory upgrade to accomodate vpn. typicaly, there are three tunnels per router.

question is: on one location have cisco soho90 adsl router, may it be sufficiant to support vpn, at least three tunnels toward rest of cisco805 routers? or i need some other router, maybe also another cisco805?

since cisco805 is much more expensive than soho90 is, my supplier would [obviously] advice me a new purchase!

any comment, please?

Reply to
sali
Loading thread data ...

I've used a soho91 for 1 vpn tunnel and it was incredibly slow, that was for

3des if I remember correctly, couldn't seem to get more than about 8k through it. It's possible I'd made a config error but I don't think so. des would probably have been quicker.

Regards

Reply to
Craig Barns

My Soho91 gives 60k/sec with 3des and 140-160k/sec with AES-128,

120-130k/sec with AES-256. All with group2, pfs and sha.

And I'm quite sure this setup is limited by the Netgear FVS318 on the other end of the Ethernet ;-)

Reply to
Uli Link

Intersting to know, I can't think what I done wrong to cause this problem

Reply to
Craig Barns

Craig Barns schrieb:

path mtu too large? IPsec doesn't likes if the encrypted and encapsulated packet needs fragmentation after adding tunneling header for udp transport.

Reply to
Uli Link

I thi>> Intersting to know, I can't think what I done wrong to cause this problem

I think I'd dropped it to 1492 if i remember off the top of my head. Sound about right?

Reply to
Craig Barns

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.