3550 IP sla RTTMON error

We are experimenting with IP SLA measurements on our network ; i upgraded a catalyst 3550 to version ipservicesk9-mz.122-44.SE to have the latest options available. I did some tests with different cisco switches acting as reponder on our network and looking at the CLI output everything seems to be working as expected.

As a next step i wanted to collect the data via snmp (CISCO-RTTMON-MIB) but i always get an error when trying to get the data :

-Error: OID not increasing: CISCO-RTTMON-MIB::rttMonStatsCaptureCompletions.100.0.1.1.1 >= CISCO-RTTMON-MIB::rttMonStatsCaptureCompletions.100.0.1.1.1

Is this a known bug ? I'm using the following software to extract the data : [root@mgmt mibs]# snmpwalk -h USAGE: snmpwalk [OPTIONS] AGENT [OID]

Version: 5.4 Web:

formatting link
Email: snipped-for-privacy@lists.sourceforge.net

Anyone has seen this before ? Solution ?

Thanks,

Wim Holemans Network Services University of Antwerp

Reply to
Wim Holemans
Loading thread data ...

Have not been using this MIB, but similar problems occurs from time to time in other MIBs (and other vendors) If the 'not increasing' are to be expected then a "-Cc" switch to net-snmp snmpwalk disables the test. But this one seems to return the same index on getnext. Thats looks like a bug. This one had a loop with one element. Larger loops seen! Do you need to use getnext? If you can figure out the index you might be able to use get alone to get the data.

/hjj

Reply to
Hans Jørgen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.