350 AP to Bridge Conversion

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to convert an Aironet 350 Access Point to a bridge? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
james.lyle
Loading thread data ...

~ Can anyone tell me if there is a way to convert an Aironet 350 Access ~ Point to a bridge? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

No, there is no way to do this. Conversely, a 350 series bridges DOES include access point functionality.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

In article , snipped-for-privacy@Cisco.COM (Aaron Leonard) writes: | ~ Can anyone tell me if there is a way to convert an Aironet 350 Access | ~ Point to a bridge? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. | | No, there is no way to do this.

That's what they said about the AP4800E->BR500E conversion. :) (N.B. There was somebody on eBay selling 350 series access points "upgraded" to bridges.)

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani

Might be the same one form Greece that converts also 340AP to 350Air bridge. If you open a 350AP and 350AIR-Bridge you will see that they have the same electronics, no difference. Some 'microcode' to change in the unit, but how?

Reply to
ilcalmo

~ In article , snipped-for-privacy@Cisco.COM (Aaron Leonard) writes: ~ | ~ Can anyone tell me if there is a way to convert an Aironet 350 Access ~ | ~ Point to a bridge? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ~ | ~ | No, there is no way to do this. ~ ~ That's what they said about the AP4800E->BR500E conversion. :) (N.B. There ~ was somebody on eBay selling 350 series access points "upgraded" to bridges.) ~ ~ Dan Lanciani ~ ddl@danlan.*com

Well ... there ain't *supposed* to be any way to convert an AP350 to a BR350, let me put it that way ...

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.