1602R w/ both Watchguard and Netgear results in incomplete MAC address

We are trying to configure the FVX538v2 to work in our network which has a Cisco 1602R router that is used as a gateway for the individiual workstations. It routes 131.* traffic to a searial-attached modem and all other traffic to the firewall (been trying a Watchguard Edge and Netgear).

I can connect to the Internet directly with 1 PC going into the Netgear. However, when I introduce the network into the Netgear and use the Cisco as a GW, if I run a 'show arp' command on the Cisco, the ARP/MAC address of the Netgear shows as "Incomplete". The IP address of it is correct though. But, I cannot ping the Netgear (times out) from inside the Cisco. I can also not ping the Netgear on the PC that is directly connected to the Netgear (when the Network is also plugged into the Netgear as well).

Of note: running 'arp -a' on the workstation does display both the IP address and MAC address of the Cisco. I can also see both using the "Groups and Hosts" option in the GUI for the Netgear. But I cannot ping the Cisco from the directly connected PC and the ping in the Netgear interface also fails (times out).

We do have a working Watchguard SOHO in place but noone can get into the config since we do not have the username/password and we are trying to replace it with the Netgear. With the SOHO in place, everything works fine.

Below I have pasted the Cisco router config so you can see that there are no ACL's set up.

Current configuration: ! version12.0 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime no service password-encryption ! hostname OurHost ! enable secret 5 xxxxxxxxxxx ip subnet-zero ! ! ! interface Ethernet0 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 ip helper-address 131.x.x.x no ip directed-broadcast ! interface Serial0 bandwidth 56000 ip address 172.x.x.x 255.255.255.252 no ip directed-broadcast service-module 56k clock source line service-module 56k network-type dds ! ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.254 ip route 131.x.x.x 255.255.255.0 172.x.x.x ! line con 0 transport input none line vty 0 4 password **** login ! end

Reply to
rkudyba
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.