What in the hell happened?

This this newsgroup? Boy, it's nothing but spam now!!!! Sad.

Reply to
Hansang Bae
Loading thread data ...

Wow, long time Hansang! Hope all is well with you. Pretty much all NG's have gone to hell, I simply blacklist everyone from googlemail and it blocks about 80% of it. Still a bunch of the "good guys" around.

-Brian

Reply to
Brian V

Are there other forums where a newbie can sit back and soak all this stuff in? There's no activity here.

Reply to
Mitch

I still get my questions asked and answered via Google Mail. What am I supposed to do, get another service? I've got ATT DSL and news would be a separate service that I would have to purchase. Not everyone using Google Mail is a spammer.

Reply to
QuadZeroRoute

You have to do a lot of research on the net to find anything worth while. Since the dot com bust most of the activity has dried up.

Reply to
QuadZeroRoute

I still get my questions asked and answered via Google Mail. What am I supposed to do, get another service? I've got ATT DSL and news would be a separate service that I would have to purchase. Not everyone using Google Mail is a spammer.

While it is true that not all googlemail posters are spammers, 99.999% of them are, look at the spam in the groups, your see. You are also not posting using a googlemail address, you are posting using a yahoo.com address which is not filtered.

Reply to
Brian V

This group is really for certs, there is a great regular Cisco group for asking questions, features, function etc, hell, people even ask cert questions in there from time to time. comp.dcom.sys.cisco

Reply to
Brian V

Hey Brian. Man..I've been out of it for a while (had to come up to speed on home theater stuff! ;) but this is out of control! Damn.

Reply to
Hansang Bae

there are (were???) some must read groups. comp.dcom.lans.ethernet, comp.dcom.sys.cisco, and comp.protocols.tcp-ip.

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.