Telnet into router from the web..

i have a 2503 router.. for my ccna ..

i want to be able to access this router from the web.. so i can practice ios commands from work..

i have a belkin wireless router with 5 port switch.. my broadband connection is going into the belkin router.

my main pc is going to port 1 of the belkin and e0 of the router is going into port 2. my main pc gets its ip address from the dhcp from the belkin router.. i have manually configured the IP of e0 on the cisco router .. to the same network as the belkin router..

i can telnet from my main pc into the cisco router.. using the private ip address..

however i want to be able to telnet in to my router from work.. can someone give me some advice on this please?

i have opened the ports on my belkin router..

thanks

Reply to
RTi
Loading thread data ...

You'll probably have to telnet to your pc first (using remote desktop, pc anywhere) and then from pc to cisco. That's how i used to do it. There might be another way but i'm not familiar with it. You can try configuring extended access list on the cisco to permit your work ip on eth0 of your cisco through telnet port 23. I don't know if that would work but doesn't hurt to try it. Good luck

Reply to
220volt

im only on semester2 .. so im not that advanced yet :)

i'll have a look at the remote desktop method.. thanks

Reply to
RTi

"RTi" wrote in news:Ej7Td.207700$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

You need to configure port re-direction on the belkin. Point port 23 to the address of the 2503 and you're done.

Reply to
Secret Squirrel

You'll also need to configure your terminal lines on your Cisco router with a password and login statement or else you won't be able to login via telnet.

Reply to
sombs

i dont think my belkin has that facility..

i have setup the telnet passwords..

Reply to
RTi

What is the model number of the Belkin router you're using? You should be able to get the manual for it from the vendor web site and confirm this. Many times, it's just a matter of upgrading the firmware/software revision to support any new features. If it doesn't support this feature as is, check for a firmware upgrade.

Reply to
sombs

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.