Starting out

Hey I'm just starting out on the path to getting Cisco certified, I've got the 2 CCNA Self-Study Guides. I'm opting not to purchase a lab, at least just yet anyway though I will be using virtual lab simulators. Does anybody know any good sites that can compliment my learning?

Reply to
ghost
Loading thread data ...

ghost,

I would recommend a couple things to help. First, make sure the Self Study books you got are by Wendell Odom and not the edited ones by Steve McQuerry (these ones are terrible, Wendell's are much better and much clearer with a much better flow). The other thing would be to check out the Exam Cram series as a SUPPLEMENT after you are through with the other books. They provide an overview of topics. They are very concise and sometimes seeing something a little different will help you understand it. Also, they have some very good practice exams in them. You can also check out

formatting link
This has quizzzes that mirror the Did you Know from the Wendell Odom books but they are a good way to test knowledge. I would HIGHLY recommend getting the Boson Simulator. And if you have an extra cash you can look into practice testing engines like TestKing or Transcenders.

Good luck.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Holleran.Kevin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.