RAS to router help needed!!

I need remote access to Cisco router 1603 via ISDN link. Exactly, I need to connect to router's BRI interface from any remote PC via ISDN line so that router can give me access to my LAN. When I call router's ISDN number it reject me because I don't have IP address. My problem is this: how can I configure router to give me one private IP address which will be associated with my username, so every time I call router, I get the same private IP. And would that solve the problem? I want to call router's ISDN number and connect to router. After authorization router should give me CALL BACK to number from which I call.

Router's specifications: System Bootstrap, Version 12.0(3)T System image file is "flash:c1600-y-mz.120-8"

Thank you.

Reply to
news.htnet.hr
Loading thread data ...

Your IOS is very old.

something like

inter bri 0 encaps ppp ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0 dialer map ip name myname 10.0.0.2 ppp authentication pap dialer-group 1

username myname password mypassword

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

Add routing for the network, if needed

Get that working first, than dig into callback.

formatting link
You can dialback to a fixed phone number, of the callerid of the place yuou called from.

Reply to
Phillip Remaker

I succeded that router accept a call from my PC, but when it dial back to me, PC won't accept connection to router (XP professional)...

formatting link

Reply to
SS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.