problem in connecting lansey ADSL modem with cisco catalyst 2950 switch.

I have a Cisco catalyst switch 2950 and a broadband connection of 1 mbps from BSNL. I try to connect the Broadband connection with the switch but unfortunately the communicatin between the ADSL modem and switch would not up.

The port on which I connect the ADSL modem did not show the link up status on the switch.

I already tried several possible configuration but all invain

If somebody have a Perfect solution just revert me back

With REGDS Ravi

Reply to
Ravi
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
gene martinez

I believe you must use a cross over cable from the ADSL modem to anything else you connect it to, computer, router, hub, whatever.

give us a holler if you are not familiar with a cross over cable. Just look at both ends side by side. If both color patterns are the same, it is a straight thru cable. The orange and green color wires will be opposite. This is a broad picture, not exact. Google Cross over cable for the exact info.

my .02 cents Ron

Reply to
Ron Snipes

No, you do not need a crossover cable to connect an ADSL modem to a PC or Switch or whatever. You need straight thru, not crossover.

Reply to
suresh zen

Not on a pc, but maybe to a switch. The ADSL port is made to connect to a pc connection. A switch port is the same as the ADSL port (connection wise) so you may need a cross-over cable, unless the switch or the ADSL has a switch that does the same thing as the cross-over cable..

"suresh zen" wrote:

Reply to
gene martinez

Unless both the aDSL & switch have auto-sensing ports, you would need a crossover cable to connect them. I have a Linksys router and a Catalyst

Reply to
Mark J

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.