New CCNP: Are the BSCI and BCMSN still the same?

Hi,

I'm going for the CCNP and have read (the old) BSCI and planning to read the BCMSN now, but got curious about the new CCNP.

I can see, that exam-number has changed from 642-801 to 642-901 in BSCI and from 642-811 to 642-812 in BCMSN. Do anyone of you know, if it's the exact same curriculum and just new numbers in these two tests?

Thanks.

Allan

Reply to
Allan
Loading thread data ...

You should check the cisco website for latest exam information:

formatting link
Doan

Reply to
Doan

BCMSN is definately different. I believe you have until sometime in Nov to register for the old exam.

Reply to
dilan.weerasinghe

Both BSCI and BCMSN have been completely overhauled.

BSMSN is full of new wireless information, and BSCI is loaded with multicast, and IPv6 information.

Currently, there are no text books nor "practice tests" available covering these subjects other than the official cisco courseware. The new tests are a challenge, I think. (first hand experience)

I suggest you finish your studies and take the 'current' exams while they are still available, and give credit towards your cert - otherwise there's going to be a WHOLE lot more studying to do.....

-ja

Reply to
John Agosta

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.