How to add LOCAL login option after tacacs+ for pix

I would like a pix to first look to a tacacs server to login, then use the local database if the tacacs server is not available. I can find the commands to do either, but not both. For instance with a tacacs server mytacacs:

aaa authentication serial console mytacacs or for local aaa authentication serial console LOCAL

To get what I want can I use a single combo command like a router or will two commands work, ie

aaa authentication serial console mytacacs LOCAL

or

aaa authentication serial console mytacacs aaa authentication serial console LOCAL

as separate statements? I have no easy lab pix to play with and the command reference statements online show only one or the other.

Reply to
BW
Loading thread data ...

you have to use a single statement like you have: aaa authentication serial console mytacacs LOCAL

make sure yo'ure running the latest version of pix os, whether its 6.3(5), or a 7.x OS.

Reply to
Jax

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.