CCSP - 642-501

Greetings All!

Barring the obvious, does anyone have any advice and tips regarding this exam.

I expect it to be difficult and would like to hear of your experiences of the exam.

Thanks in advance! Rob

Reply to
RobO
Loading thread data ...

"RobO" wrote in news:1112119330.369270.299870 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

This is arguably the easiest of the CCSP exams. It focuses heavily on VPn connections on the router, but you should know ACL inside out, Reflexive ACL, CBAC, lock and key, AAA, radius and tacacs all will make a showing. There are a bunch of other topics but I dont remember any questions that just had me scratching my head. All in all I thought it was one of the easier tests I've done (CCNP, DP and SP)

Reply to
Secret Squirrel

Just did it this morning, got 944/1000. For me, I found it about the easiest Cisco exam I've ever taken (I've done CCNA, CCDA & CCNP), I think I may have over prepared myself though. The sims were pretty trivial and the questions weren't too fussy about syntax i.e. the available answers were generally significantly different. I'd say the questions are no challenge if you know your stuff, the real issue is that the pass mark is pretty high so you need to have a good breadth of knowledge, I don't think there is much depth to it.

Reply to
Paul Womar

Thanks for the post guys, nice score Paul!

Confident of all the subjects barring RouterMC. I'm not one for learning by the book, prefer hands on. Was that featured a lot?

Regards,

Rob

Reply to
Rob

I felt the same about Router MC, IIRC there were 2 questions about it, neither particularly complicated. This test reminded me a bit of the CompTIA tests, for the most part, just a set of straight questions that you simply either know or you don't, no scenarios to get your head round or anything like that, I think I was in and out in about 20 minutes.

Reply to
Paul Womar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.