CCNA - Which IOS Sim to use?

I'm studying for CCNA. I don't have the $ for equipment. Which netsim, or IOS sim should I be using? I need to practice my commands on something that is not in production.

Thanks everyone!

Reply to
nobody
Loading thread data ...

I am using a combination of hardware and the Cisco Press CCNA network simulator. I find that I have been able to use the sim software a bit more than the hardware because I can take it anywhere on my laptop. It is a fine product powered by Boson netsim, and has many labs, sample chapters etc. The simulated equipment doesn't support all commands, but anything covered on the CCNA exam is there. I have also seen some of the simulated equipment act a bit funny. holding onto the host name after a reload with no Startup-config file... or loosing the host name after a reload, even though I know it was in the startup-config file before the reload. but for the most point it is very good. I would recommend it. The ability to create costom labs without running cables, equipment etc. is a real bonus for me.

snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com wrote:

Reply to
THEDUDE78

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.