Newbie Question about IOS and Dynamips/Dynagen

Hi, I hope no-one minds if I ask a dumb question....

I'm studying for CCNA 640-821, and am trying to find ways of remembering which commands are available in User Mode and Priveleged Mode. I'm looking at the Simple1 Lab, and different forms of the 'Show' command in particular.

If in User Mode I type 'show ?', I don't get 'interfaces' coming up as an option. But if I just type 'show interfaces', it works. How come?

Maybe I'm using an old version of the software; it's one I got using IOS Hunter: c7200-jk8o3s-mz.122-17a.bin

But I have occasional access to a PC running Network Visualizer 4, and the same discrepancy appears using the console for the 2500 Router. There again, I'm not sure that this SIM is that useful...

J_P

Reply to
John Petersen
Loading thread data ...

not sure that this SIM is that useful...

Hello J_P,

It's been a while, but if you have this book, CCNA Practical Studies, they have a nice diagram/brake down of each of the config modes. Global, interface,line etc etc. Can't remember the page off the top of my head though.

formatting link
Best of luck.

Reply to
jmann12180

John Petersen a écrit :

This also happens on real routers, and btw Dynamips is only an hardware emulator, it doesn't handle IOS commands.

not sure that this SIM is that useful...

Reply to
Christophe Fillot

Thanks for the replies.

Reply to
John Petersen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.