CCIE Static Labhardware recommendation

Greetings,

Please, can anyone help me out by suggesting or recommending what type of Cisco routers and switches should be included in a new CCIE static lab, as well as maybe a topology?

I have recently been tasked by my employer to create a lab to be used for obtaining the required hands-on experience needed to take the proctored lab test. I haven't been involved much in the Cisco world for the last 5 years since leaving a partly Cisco owned company called International Network services. So, I'm a bit rusty on the requirements are for the existing test. In previous experiences, the static lab used to study was made up of 2500s, 4000s, and 7200s. And it was running IOS

10.3. I'm sure things have changed since then. :-)

Any feedback or help with this request would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance, Jaime

Reply to
nortel-jaime
Loading thread data ...

Ivan,

You may also wish to investigate Hardware Specification - Internetwork Expert's CCIE Routing & Switching Lab

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Certified Network Engineer Jobs United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

formatting link
Here is equipment that is used on a real lab. You will also need a workbook, so specific interface types and topologies will be different for any workbook (not very different, but different).

Reply to
Ivan Ostreš

Thanks Ivan and Brad for the information. I actually found some good recommendations for a home lab at the ccbootcamp website. They also sell a lab workbook that fits in well with the recommended home lab setup.

Thanks again for the replies!

Jaime

Reply to
nortel-jaime

It's possible, but I'm not OP here.

Reply to
Ivan Ostreš

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.