Can I move an IOS file from a 2500 router into an older 4000 router ?

Can I move an IOS file from a 2500 router into an older 4000 router ? Another way of asking this question is ; are the IOS releases generic ,or are they made for particular model routers ? I understand that memory can be an issue as well as particular hardware on a unit.

The 2500 is running 11.3(8) and the 4000 11.2

Reply to
barret bonden
Loading thread data ...

....must be a newbee.

The IOS is specific for the platform. You must obtain the proper code for the platform you are working on.

JC

Reply to
J.Cottingim

....and I guess you must be a newbee to the group since we quote here. We also don't make fun of people for asking questions. We all started somewhere.

Reply to
Brian V

oh wow...11.3 and 11.2 sooo old.

"barret bonden" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%SqYh.18$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga...

Reply to
derSchweiz

It looks to me like J.Cottingim actually contributed something useful, whereas you didn't (and, sadly, neither did I)! R.

Reply to
Nospa

What more was there to contribute? His answer WAS correct, that IOS is platform specific. There was no reason to make fun of the guy for asking a question.

Reply to
Brian V

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.