BSCI - Which Book is Best?

CCNP BSCI Exam Certification Guide (CCNP Self-Study, 642, 801), 4rd Edition, By Clare Gough, Published by Cisco Press, Series: Exam Certification Guide, ISBN: 1587200856, Dec 01, 2003, Copyright 2004, Pages: 936

OR

CCNP Self-Study: Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI), By Cisco Systems, Inc, Catherine Paquet, Diane Teare, Published by Cisco Press, Series: Certification Self-Study, ISBN: 1587050846, Jan 15, 2003, Copyright 2003,Pages: 944, 1st Edition

What's the difference, and why the two different books?

Reply to
dragon919
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

I have used both books for passing BSCI. I find CCNP Self Study by Catherine and Diane is a better book then the Certification guide. The self study series give more lenghty, sufficient explanations and more examples. Thus, it is much easier to understand, especially for someone who have limited experience in routing. The certification guide series are much difficult to understand and with limited examples and explanations.

Go to

formatting link
and look under "Which book is right for me?" for explanation between the 2 different series.

Reply to
Guan Foo Wah

I totally agree with Guan

I sat the BSCI course last week with GlobalKnowledge in the UK, yet to take the exam but what I can most categorically state is that the Cisco BSCI Course is nothing but the book by Catherine and Diane. Know this book, know the course content know the content for the exam

Good luck

Steve

Reply to
Steve Ray

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.