New Building Cabling Recommendations

Hello all,

My company is currently in the planning stages of moving into a new building, approximately 200,000 sq feet, warehouse environment. So far, my basic plan for covering is as follows (broken out by data / voice):

DATA

Reply to
lmnt
Loading thread data ...

Ah yes, I should have added a "MISC DATA CONNECTIONS" in there as we do have a WiFi infrastructure that will be put in place as well, however it will not be used as a primary connection method for workstations. On that note - I was also planning on including a network+telecom drop every 100 feet or so in areas where there were not office clusters / immediate data/telecom needs - just in case.

Reply to
lmnt

Spec out the locations necessary to give good WiFI coverage over the entire facility and get CATx wire pulled to those spots even if you don't put APs there right away. Put APs where the people are right away.

Reply to
Al Dykes

I would go with Cat 5e. If all you ever need is file/printer/email access it will be fine. Cat 6 is a step up but I don't see a need for it for you. If I was doing the job I'd put in Cat 5e.

Everything else sounds legit...

As far as wireless access. I would probably put in a few drops into your warehouse just in case if do need wireless access for something out there.

Joe Perkowski

Reply to
Perkowski

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.