Comcast Throttling Is Back

Comcast Throttling Is Back?

Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 by Matt Hartley While I am not really one to put a ton of credence with the first article stating that a company may be doing something that is going to gain a lot of bad press, but after seeing that Comcast is indeed throttling traffic again from PC World, The Inquirer, and IT World, I think it is safe to say that more than ever - Comcast using Geeks are about done with this nonsense.

They way I see it, considering the rates the customer is being raked over the coals for anyway, attacking usage numbers that do not fit into their little world to me illustrates just how ?broken copper truly is? for a means of providing high speed Internet to their customers. Yes kids, fiber my eye. Comcast does not provide fiber to your door and bundle this with an already overtaxed network we begin to see this sort of bandwidth throttling.

To be totally fair, considering how badly the network is in need of some serious CPR to actually accommodate the today?s user, this throttling might be unavoidable. Speaking for myself, I remain unconcerned about it. I use FiOS and my bandwidth remains true all-day-long. Will FiOS one day face something like this as well? Sure, 10 or 15 years from now perhaps. For now though, I am just glad I do not pay the same rates for half the service I need.

Reply to
Fosco_Bleecker-Baggins
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.