Waterproof remotes?

Anyone know of any RF remotes that are designed to operate in a wet environment?

As in, used from a hot tub to turn lights on/off and send RF signals to audio equipment.

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
wkearney99
Loading thread data ...

There was a waterproof enclosure available for palmpad controller.

Found on smarhome, try :

formatting link
Hope it helps

Reply to
Thierry Parent

"Thierry Parent" wrote in news:41952669$0$7510 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.fr:

That's what I use, along with Homeseer and an Ocelot to map the X-10 commands to IR signals for source, volume, station, etc on my audio system.

I use it for exactly that purpose - controlling audio while in my hot tub.

Reply to
Jim H

This is the manufacturer (Chardonnay Corp.). Maybe they still sell them direct.

formatting link
From:After Hours Automation and Computing snipped-for-privacy@ahautomation.co.nz

Reply to
BruceR

Hmm, Balboa seems to make one but their flash-driven website is HORRIBLE to use. Their Dolphin remote looks like it might be the thing I'm after.

That and, try as I might, there's no place to to BUY it on their site. Yeesh, talk about sales prevention.

What I'm seeing from various search results, however, seems to indicate they want upwards of $200 for one. Ouch. That's just gouging.

-Bill

Reply to
wkearney99

"After Hours Automation and Computing" wrote in news:lAdld.1052$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xtra.co.nz:

It is still available elsewhere. Do a search.

Reply to
Jim H

Unfortunately the product is listed as discontinued

Reply to
After Hours Automation and Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.