Is Activehome a place to start?

Well, that's the question. I'm just getting ready to have a house built (after old one burned) and I'm reading lots of wiring guides, etc. I guess I'm just wondering if Activehome stuff is good to play with early on to get a start in home control. It certainly seems to be pretty inexpensive.

Eventually I'm going to need ability to monitor a lot of temperatures to control semi-active solar systems -- Activehome stuff doesn't seem to have that ability at all. Have a long way to go in figuring out what the final system will look like, but thought this little module might be able to take care of a lot of the timed and photo-sensed control issues even after the new house is finished.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Reply to
Dennis Maloon
Loading thread data ...

Don't waste any time on activehome. Start by using Homeseer.

Reply to
wkearney99

You might want to consider the Elk M1 Gold as well. It does analog inputs -- something most other systems in its price class don't handle. If you plan to monitor and compare actual temperatures rather than simply respond when a binary sensor (e.g., a thermostat) reaches a given threshold, you'll want something capable of reading analog temperature inputs.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.