Win7 User1 gets good thruput User2 sucks?

Stand alone non-networked windows 7 laptop. User1 gets good throughput. User two throughput sucks. Using ping to google DNS, ping times good for user one, stalls for user2. When mac address is changed on Admin User1 and then logoff and go to user2, SOMETIMES user2 good throughput is regained. Appears ISP is identifying users by some parameter other than mac address? How can they do this other than by MAC address? How do they know what user on the same computer is connecting? I do not think this is a issue with router settings. Also I notice sometimes after changing mac address throughput can be regained by slightly moving antenna a few inches. BS alfa interface shows good connection regardless of throughput. I know some ISP have sophisticated programs/equipment to know the exact location of the antenna and maybe also to know which user is logged in? Help please.

Reply to
byanyothername
Loading thread data ...

What happens when you use a wired Ethernet connection versus your current wireless?

Reply to
Char Jackson

Char Jackson snipped-for-privacy@none.invalid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I don't use one, wireless only.

Reply to
byanyothername

I'm confused. Is it networked or not? You say it's non-networked and then you start talking about pings... You can't send a ping on a non-networked computer unless you are pinging the loop-back device, which is the same computer...

Reply to
Johann Beretta

Johann Beretta snipped-for-privacy@nun-ya-bizness.com wrote in news:qjqbnu$aan$1 @dont-email.me:

sorry late reply,thought the thread was dead. I was pinging public DNS servers thru the ISP modem/router (over which I have no control by choice so far) in order todetermine if I had a good thruput connection. User 1 has good thruput. User 2 same computer win7, does not. The router or ISP appears to be stalling or delimiting the connection based on user or other identifiable parameters OTHER than Mac address. Or maybe it's a problem with win7.

Reply to
byanyothername

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.