wifi activating remote doorbell chime?

Hi,

A bit of an odd question... Has anyone ever heard of, or experienced, WiFi interfering with a wireless doorbell so that it activates the remote doorbell unit making it chime, even though the main unit has not gone off? Is it even possible, or are the wifi and doorbell units likely to be running on vastly different frequencies? (The wifi unit is Apple Airport, I believe).

Many thanks,

Andy

Reply to
amnuts
Loading thread data ...

Your doorbell or the stuff that came with it will say what frequency it uses..

i doubt it uses 2.4ghz

Reply to
Davis Whittaker

Vastly different.

Barry ===== Home page

formatting link

Reply to
Barry OGrady

Are you sure that your neighbour hasn't maybe purchased the same model and is using the same frequency.

You can normally change the frequency on the wireless doorbells with a couple of switches on the bell push and in the bell itself.

Cheers

Eddie

Reply to
Eddie

It's actually my wife's work which is having the problem, but it's good to know that the wifi (which they're also having problems with!) is not likely to be the issue. I'll pass on your thoughts about the neighbour, Eddie, thanks.

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to
amnuts

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.