Slightly OT: ping/trace software recommendations...

...since there are plenty of smart networking people here already, looking for some recommendations...

I've been using NeoTrace Pro 3.25 for about 2 years. It *was* a good trace and ping utility that also did whois lookups, domain name/IP resolutions, and had multiple graphical display options of trace/ping results (including on a map exportable as a graphics file..)

As far as I can tell, its vendor support has gone away, and so has much of the mapping functionality (after a reinstall, it only wants my home to be in Dayton...). Google searches and its own help function redirects to Mcaffee, but there's no indication its suppported by them in any way.

I'm exploring some alternative products (for one: netrace v1

formatting link
and --as with NeoTrace-- am willing to pay for a decent product...just not sure what good products are out there since I haven't been in the market.

I liked the mapping display with Neotrace (nice to have, but not essential). In addition to ping/trace functions, the nettrace has offers a good look at current port activity. I'm prepared to make the shift from evualtion to purchase of this, but would be interested in what others are using before plunking down cash.

Recommendations appreciated....

Reply to
ropeyarn
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.