Reminder on Linksys WUSB54 Memory Leak problem

Doesn't duct tape work on memory leaks? I Thought it did everything....

Reply to
Peter Pan
Loading thread data ...

Nope. It's a plumbing problem. Memory leaks can be temporarily collected in a bit bucket, but that will eventually overflow. If you have a large memory pool, some expert tools are required:

formatting link
Some information on detecting and sometimes fixing memory leaks:
formatting link
[Back to lying and cheating on my taxes]

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Just a reminder to users of the Linksys WUSB54G WAP on an old problem. Running Win2K or WinXP, memory usage can creep up to consuming horrendous amounts of RAM, causing problems. The latest Linksys Driver/Monitor software on their site fixes the problems.

I spent a bit of time looking for the fix before going back to Linksys support site to find that the driver was updated.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Nope. It's a plumbing problem. Memory leaks can be temporarily

The memory leak on the WUSB54G monitor program is easily detectable by bringing up Windows' Task Manager and monitoring the WUSB54G.EXE program in the Process window. You can see the memory usage go up evey minute or two while the monitor program is running.

Interestingly, I see the memory usage going up in the new driver/monitor program, too, albeit at a much more slow rate than the older driver/monitor program.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.