programming a hostap app.

Hi, First of all, I am not to sure if this is where i am suppose to post this kind of question. I am currently trying to convert a wireless application, that runs a wireless card using the linux-wlan-ng drivers. My goal is to make this application run with the newest hostAP drivers, but I am having trouble accomplishing this task. Here is the code that currently runs with the linux-wlan-ng drivers..

//Original code // //--------------------------------------------------------------------

#define LINUX_WLAN_NG 0x89f1 /*used by linux-wlan */ #define LENGTH 16 /* Max length of a device name */ request_t req; /* The formal request to the ioctl

//Fill in the request req.len = MSGSIZE; req.data = msg; req.result = 0; req.magic = MAGIC; strncpy(req.name, name, LENGTH);

//Open the socket to the prism2 card s = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0);

if(-1 == s) { perror("Could not open socket"); ret = ERR; }

//Perform the ioctl call if(0 == ret) { if(ioctl(s, LINUX_WLAN_NG , &req) == -1) { perror("Bad ioctl request"); ret = ERR; } } return ret; }

Now my problem is I am really not to sure how I would go about modifying this code so that it does the same (communicate), using the hostAP drivers. Here is what I have so far..

/*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

struct iwreq iwr;

memset(&iwr, 0, sizeof(iwr)); strncpy(iwr.ifr_name, name, LENGTH); iwr.u.data.pointer = msg; iwr.u.data.length = MSGSIZE;

s = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0); if(-1 == s) { perror("Could not open socket"); ret = ERR; }

if(0 == ret) { if (ioctl(s, /*NOT SURE WHAT HEX GOES HERE*/, &iwr) ==

-1) { perror("Bad ioctl request"); ret = ERR; } }

return ret; }

This code compiles correctly, when I actually place a hex value in for the second aurgument of my ioctl call, but doesn't seem to communicate with the hostAP drivers correctly. I think my second aurgument in the ioctl call is incorrect.

Any help will be appreciated, I have been working on this problem for some time now, and I am looking for some ideas/help.

Thank You, Tom

Reply to
Tom.Long
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.