My Linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless B router...geez!

The "wireless" LED indicator on the front panel blinks on and off intermittently and I lose my wireless connection. Then my USB wireless adapters (Linksys WUSB54G and TrendNet TEW 424UB) re-scan and connect until the router craps out again...then the cycle repeats. I have an "infrastructure" network with two desktops and a laptop all running Windows XP.

The symptoms will last from 1 to 5 hours...and then all will be fine...for a while. It's been a daily cycle for the last week or so.

The router has been upgraded with the latest firmware and the adapters have the latest drivers and utilities. Direct WAN connections from the cable modem to the 'puters seem to be fine, so I'm ruling out my ISP. Changing broadcast channels and disabling WEP doesn't help.

I've reset the router to factory defaults and rebuilt the network to no avail. No new cell phones or wireless phones in the house.

This network has been rock-solid for almost a year. This has been a sudden phenomenon.

Do I have a bad router?

Thanks all for any suggestions.

Reply to
tom
Loading thread data ...

You say " Direct WAN connections from the cable modem to the 'puters seem to be fine, so I'm ruling out my ISP." What exactly have you checked? I had a similar problem recently with my ISP and the issue was an upgrade in digital service coupled with an over amplified signal and an out of date modem. These were all corrected and things are fine, now. Have you check the SNR, received signal strength and power levels of your broadband service?

Reply to
optikl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.