I Lost My Secure Connection

I've had a wireless card on my laptop for over 3 years, home networking with roadrunner. I began having problems losing the connection several times an hour and called the cable company and I was informed that my next door neighbors wireless signal was conflicting with mine. I also found my neighbors documents on my laptop in my network places!

The tech helped me to make my connection secure and gave me a "key". Everything was fine for a few days, then my connection began dropping from 11 Mbps down to 1mbp. I went to my control panel and opened the Prism settings and clicked rescan hoping that would correct the problem.

Now, I no longer can get my secure connection with my name and encripted key....all I get is a choice of a secure connection (not mine, and it won't connect me) or an unsecure connection that does connect but it keeps changing itself back to the secure connection and then I have no signal.

If you can make any sense of what I'm trying to say, I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

Reply to
epblvd77
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.