DLink AirPlus ExtremeG DWL6650 and Di624 do not connect wirelessly

I had the DLink DWL6650 and Router D624 working for months and all of a sudden the card does not detect to router any more.

No new hardware, no new software.

Win XP Pro on both desktop and Toshiba Satellite 1905.

I tried the CD and re-installed the driver for the card, but it still does not see the router. It does see a nearby Default probably of a neighbor.

What do I now need to do?

Reply to
ritter197
Loading thread data ...

It's a DWL-G650 and DI-624 respectively. You might want to have your eyeglass perscription checked.

There are a few digits after the 1905, such as 1905-S301.

I'll assume that it the laptop that doesn't connect. Since it can see other access points, it's a fair bet that the laptop is working.

Borrow a friends known working laptop and try it with your DI-624. If that doesn't work, then you're sure that the problem is in the DI-624. If so, login to the web page setup with an ethernet connected computer and check the settings. Check if there are any firmware updates. Reset to default and setup the DI-624 from scratch. If none of those help, buy a new wireless router.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.