Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Limited, but no Connectivity
I think, this is a simple issue that can be fixed.. but i'm not the best with this kind of stuff. I have 4 signal bars out of 4, but it is not finding my IP address automatically. I try to input it...

tecra 8100 won't recognize netopia wireless card ?
I am at my wits end here .... I am fairly knowledgable about computers .. but due to my MS , my thought process is hit and miss sometimes .... please help me get this working ...... this is my...

IEEE 802.11y specifications
Hello! I have been looking for information about the IEEE developing standard 802.11y and I sitll haven't found any information about the modulation technique and the channel width to be used. Can...

!!!!! Make Over $200 per day in Autopilot !!!!! $Ml[`^TKGW
Insider Reveals Secret Traffic Arbitrage Tactics Making Over $9,547 a Day Why Complain About Rising Adwords and Pay Per Click Costs When They Can Make You Rich Instead? Discover the Astonishing...

Wireless Card Issues
Hello All, I have read many forums online and have not seen any possible solutions to my problems. I am running Windows XP Home on a laptop. My wireless card turns on when my computer boots up and I...

T-Mobile Hotspots, WPA and unsupported devices.
I recently obtained a Nokia E61 "smartphone" with WiFi and have been trying to learn how to get the most out of it. I would like to configure it to work with T-Mobile Hotspots using their WPA...

free online storage
Guide for free online storage -- free online storage, online backup, free web storage, free drive, freedrive, web storage, virtual hard drive, internet storage, file sharing, file storage, online file...

Securing and unsecured network
I have a Netgear 834GT router operating on Windows XP Pro op system. I had occasion to reset the Netgear router (small hole & paperclip) When I look at the available networks, I see 3 or 4 neighbours...

Wireless Connection issue
Hi I am able to connect my laptop to my access point with great signal strength, howver if I try and ping the access point (192.168.10.148) i get 7 replies from every 30 packets sent! How is this...

Setting up a directional Antenna to my router
So I went to and bought a backfire high gain antenna for outside because I need to shoot the signal from one house to another. Now, the question, that may seem simple to some, is the antenna comes...

To the Administrator
Perhaps you will be able to explain how the wifi forum threads and the Newsgroups are supposed to interact? I have noticed that quite a few threads are appearing on and when someone from the newsgroup...

encrypted or no encrypted when establishing connection
My wifi card first establishes a connection with an access point . the access point has the ssid I set up but it establishes the connection with encryption disabled. The reconnects or at least seems...

newby network question
I want to set up a wireless network to connect our new laptop to the pc. The new laptop is vista, and it has the wlan. But my pc is xp and it doesn't. I currently use a speedstream 4200 to connect to...

Airport Extreme Base Station & Linksys WRT54GL
I have a few MacBook Pro's and some older MacBooks all using the Linksys at the slower speed (the Pro's). I brought home from the office the AirPort Extreme Base Station to use the faster speed on the...

Cordless phone for least interference with wireless: 5.8 GHz or DECT 1.9 GHz?
My old cordless is kaput. It was 2.4 GHz and got static near the microwave, so I won't really miss it. We are thinking about a wireless computer network in near future, and should buy the new phone...