Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Any experience with RadioLab GS2000 wireless bridge?
I'm looking for a wireless point-to-point bridge to cover approximately 1.5 miles. The sites should have line of site (will confirm with SPLAT!), however one site may have some tree blockage. The...

Missing Amy Fitzpatrick www.bebo.com/helpfinda
My name is Christopher Fitzpatrick My Daughter Irish Girl Amy Fitzpatrick has been missing since 01/01/2008 from Spain. I need everyone's help to spread Amy's appeal poster far and wide If you are...

Pawsey Stub ... Two Pawsey Stubs? (Antenna balancing)
When I need to feed a dipole from 50 Ohm coax I attach quarter wave coaxial cable section (so-called Pawsey stub) to make my feed balanced. This is common knowledge, works great, described in every...

NEWS: CE giants pitch yet another wireless HD standard
Just what the world needs: another consortium promoting a wireless technology for the transmission of HD content in the home. The latest is the Wireless Home Digital Interface (WHDI), launched today...

Open access point for clients
We have a secure Wireless network using wep and mac filtering. My Boss wants clients to have access to internet fropm our office without having to add their mac address and enter a code on their end....

wrt54 antennas
IS there a distinction between the two antenna connectiond on the WRT54 wireless routers. I had heard that one is for TX and the other for RX but my router seems to work equally well with either...

DSL - A modem is a modem is a modem, right?
In the config I am working with I have a UHP DSL Modem (Earthlink supplied) connected to a 11b/g wireless router. Repeatedly (and often) the modem enters this 'diagnostic' phase where is blocks...

Wireless connection to broadband for pc
Could someone please advise me about buying some equipment. I currently subscribe to TalkTalk=92s broadband service, and my desktop pc is connected via a cable from the phone socket to the TalkTalk...

Wifi scanning under Back Track 3 LiveCD
Hi all ! I'm a total n00b so please bear with me. I downloaded BT3 liveCD yesterday, and had a test run last nite. First of all, I want to report that the BT3 liveCD does recognize my Tendra USB Wifi...

will winxp give me a choice
When I bought my Toshiba Satellite L20/L25 series laptop it came with a Atherous AR5005g Wireless Network. The wireless connection at home works great but when I go on the road I get ether no signal...

Make sure you secure that WIFI base, especially in Germany
(ascii'ed) Rapper Bushido gewinnt Klage gegen Rentner Der Rapper Bushido hat vor dem Landgericht Dusseldorf eine Klage gegen drei Anwender gewonnen, uber deren Internet-Anschlsse illegal Titel des...

Linksys WRT54GL Help
I have a linksys router. How do you set up the network key for someone trying to access the network from outside. I know how to get to the router menus. thanks

Compaq Laptop wifi help
I have a Compaq V6000, about 10 months ago I started using a USB wifi adapter. Now I want to go back to the internal wifi system. The internal system was working before I started with the USB wifi...

Static Route to Access Modem Config?
Hi Folks, I have got a problem accessing the setup pages of my modem from behind my router. My modem is in bridge mode. I could access the setup pages when it was in half bridge ok. Anyway, my setup...

BT Home Hub
Hi, Anyone know if the BT Home Hub Router can be used with a non BT ISP or is it only dedicated to BT?? TIA Jack