International VPN Cost

I am looking to setup a VPN between one location in California (main site) and one site in Belgium, one site in Korea and one site in China. If all sites have static IP addresses and I send the necessary VPN hardware to each location, what other costs are involved once the hardware is setup and running? The remote sites will not require much bandwidth as only one user at a time will likely access files locally here in california.

Also how reliable would this type of international connection be using off the shelf sonicwall or netgear type appliances?

Any experienced information is appreciated.

Reply to
zsteve1
Loading thread data ...

Hi, running costs would just be the local isp connections at each location. Reliability is down to the quality of the ISPs you use. I was involved in the implementation of a 25+ site setup like this 4 years or so ago now, using an oem'd version of the sonicwall appliance, the solution apart from costing a lot less than the frame relay network it replaced also turned out to be much more reliable. simon

Reply to
Simon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.