Draft N wireless router

As advertised

"simultaneously stream multimedia including HD video, make internet phone calls, play games and download wirelessly without taxing your network"

I have a Motorola Surfboard cable modem (SB4200), connected to a GIZMO (sunrocket) and using a Netgear Wireless router WGR614v5.

Currently I have voice loss, frequent drop outs of VOiP service, wireless connectivity loss ... overall poor QoS.

If I replaced the Netgear wireless router with a Draft-N wireless router would it improve or remove some of these problems? If I replace the wireless router with the Draft-N would there be a brand preference and why?

Would there be any advantage to changing the modem out for the latest and greatest and if so what brand?

I will also direct this ? to sunrocket and Netgear.

Reply to
Noname
Loading thread data ...

Run away!

formatting link

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Lot's of quality information in those articles! Thanx.

Reply to
Noname

Hi!

I had bad VOIP experience with NON-firewall Linksys router, as every a few days the router was hacked by hacker even though I installed firewall on every PC in my LAN.Beside my linksys is too old to support H.323 and SIP.

I happened to find sonicwall Tele3, and bought two used on ebay,one of them does not have power supply.after I upgrade them to fireware 6.6.0.6. It works perfectly with VOIP(H.323 and SIP) and RTSP. and It has never been hacked since I powered up.

If you do not care about wireless,I think $25 for a working Tele3(5 nodes) will be a good deal.

Joe

Reply to
outlooker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.