Polycom 512MP to 512MP over IP.

Hello,

I am trying to get to the bottom of an issue I have been experiencing. Hopefully, you all can assist.

At my company, we are using 3 Polycom 512MP's and are currently running over ISDN. We are looking to convert to Video over IP. We also have a Polycom 7000, which is a lot newer.

The issue is that we seem to run into network issues while trying to connect the (2) 512MP's together using IP. One unit will work better than the other. We will get choppy audio, video jitter and lightning bolts.

When we connect a 512MP to the 7000 using IP, the 7000 is picture perfect and clear, while the 512MP experiences the same issues.

I am ready to chalk it up to a duplexing issue, as the 512MP's do NOT support full duplex. Am I incorrect in making that assumption?

We use Cisco switches, are connecting directly into the switch and working from within the same building. We also tried going out to our LI office from a unit here in NYC. Same issue.

Reply to
gloryangelina
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.