Polycom Viewstation FX

I have a Polycom Viewstation FX that has a warning label on the blue interface socket: "Connect only to viewstation IMUX. Failure to do so will result in system damage".

In fact this blue socket provide a strange RJ45 with a key index pin. What does it means ? Can I plug there a normal quad BRI interface, with a green RJ45 socket, allowing the set to work with ISDN ?

Is this a special Viewstation FX version that works with IP only ? How can I identify the type or version ?

Thanks for your help

Reply to
Nio ®
Loading thread data ...

"Nio ®" ha scritto nel messaggio news:AwJMe.9023$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.fastwebnet.it...

I have discovered that IMUX means Quad BRI unit. It seems that I need a particular RJ45 cable, a light blue indexed from one side and green (non indexed) from the other.

Unfortunally I have not. Anyone knows what is the difference with a normal 8 pin RJ45 cable ? Is it twisted ? Where can I found layout connection ?

Thank you

Reply to
Nio ®

Reply to
Anonyman

Reply to
Alpha

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.