Perplexing Polycom PVX

Hello, I have several users trying to use PVX for videoconferencing.

I am in San Diego. I can connect to a user in Tokyo fine. I can also connect to another user in San Diego.

The other user in San Diego can connect to me. He cannot connect to Tokyo, ever. He gets an error about an "intermediate network" not servicing the far site. Polycom tech support has not been any help.

I'm sure his firewall is setup correctly. Same ports as mine and he can connect to me just fine. As a matter of fact, I've put him in the DMZ and he still can't connect. I'am using a Linksys. He has a Dlink.

Any ideas how I can fix this, or even suggestions for troubleshooting? TIA

Reply to
J
Loading thread data ...

TIA,

I know you have invested a lot in Polycom but would you be interested in taking a look at an all software alternative, We have Japanese language support in the product and there is a 30 day free trial. I will help you in anyway I can to get you and your team up and running. Some of the biggest companies in the world use our little software package, for example NEC. If you want you can take a look at their training video for our product. All you need is a webcam and a headset and it works well over most DSL routers without any changes to the router.

NEC Training Video -

formatting link
You can go to
formatting link
and download the software and get a 30 day free trial if you like and please feel free to add me to your contact list within the program and give me a call if you wish.

I recommend you download and use Version 3 if you like from the downloads page on

formatting link

Placecam costs about $35 dollars a month for a moderator and $25 a month for a regular user. considerably less than Polycomm

Sincerely Neil L. Rideout Chairman Saratoga Oceanic DGI

Reply to
Turnip

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.