Re: Need PC Based Call Attendant/Answering Service

I'm looking for an inexpensive (under 400) software/hardware solution

> that will act as an answering service/call attendant. Preferably > something that can run off of a PC and with Vonage (VoIP). Here are > the features that I need: > -Multiple Mailboxes > -Ability to transfer caller to my cell phone (if caller chooses this > option) > Any ideas? This software package seems like it might work, but I have > never heard of them: >
formatting link

Asterisk PBX -- runs on pretty much any Linux distribution. The software doesn't cost anything. It's the hardware that will cost you.

I know that Digium (Who curiously produces Asterisk - nice business model if you ask me.) produces a bunch of FXO and FXS cards, I think a four port FXS will run you about $300 or so. And an FXO add on for that is about $100. You don't mention number of CO lines or stations so what I've recommended is a 4:1 ratio.

Reply to
Tony P.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.