Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Monty Solomon
January 17, 2009, 3:35 pm
rate this thread
Circuit City would like to thank all of the customers who have
shopped with us over the past 60 years. Unfortunately, we announced
on January 16, 2009, that we are going out of business.
Please check back later for updates about the status of our website.
In the meantime, we hope the information below will help answer most
of your questions.
What's going on at Circuit City?
* Due to challenges to our business and the continued bleak
economic environment, Circuit City is going out of business and the
company's assets will be liquidated to pay off creditors.
* The process was extremely difficult and we were left with no
other choice but to liquidate. Circuit City had a proud heritage of
serving the public for 60 years and we deeply regret the impact this
decision will have on our associates, our customers and the
communities where we have operated stores and other facilities.
* We had hoped to be able to emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy
protection as a stronger, more competitive company and we made
significant progress during the reorganization to improve our
business. Unfortunately, the economic climate is so poor that we
have no choice other than liquidation.
* Liquidators will start arriving in our 567 stores across the
U.S. over the weekend, and closing sales will start as early as
Saturday, January 17. Closing sales will run as long as it takes to
sell existing inventory, but are expected to wrap up by the end of
March. When the liquidation sales are completed, the stores will be
- » FCC Internet Deregulation Survives Court Challenge [telecom]
- — Newest thread in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » NYC local event: Unigroup's 17-Oct-2019 Meeting: SDN/SDP - So...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Networking Firewalls